Thursday, August 26, 2010

senior year. you are mine.

+15 years ago, I was convinced I knew what I wanted to do with my life (ice skater. dentist. actress. they all seemed like good options).
+Three months ago I began training for a summer that I was nervous, unsure, and freaked out about.
+Two and a half weeks ago I departed from the 21 people who knew me best this summer. I said goodbye to many of my best friends. I left that day with a new found confidence I did not enter the summer with.
+A week ago I finally moved into a house of my own with katherine harrison and lisa coward.
+This minute, I am not as convinced as I was 15 years ago about what I want to do with my life.
+Tomorrow I begin first day of my senior year of college.

Basically, I don't know what I'm gonna do with my life. But new experiences shape me. New (and old) friends continue to inspire me. And my senior year ain't got nothin' that I can't take on. Even if I don't know what's going to happen after this year.

On a side note, here is a warning to all toaster oven users:
Do not put a piece of bread too big in a small sized oven. It WILL catch on fire. I repeat..it will catch on fire.

1 comment:

britney jo said...

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

And im so proud of you for going through with this summer and being stronger because of it!

:)